Friday, April 18, 2014

Young Living Essential Oils for Kiddos



I have been using these oils now for about 8 months, and one of the most effective ways I use them EVERYDAY is with my two year old son. Here are some of the ways we use them…

THIEVES essential oil blend
 

 IMMUNE  BOOSTER
-I apply this (diluted) to the bottom of my LO’s feet, and up and down his spine anytime he is showing symptoms of sickness (runny nose, cough, etc). I also use it as a preventive measure anytime he is around other children, especially during cold/flu season. I also rub it (diluted) around his ears anytime I am worried about a potential ear infections (The results from doing this have been AMAZING for us… no ear infections after we started using this method. And we used to have them every couple of weeks it seems)
-This oil has also been very effective for his teething pain. He doesn’t love the taste, but within a few minutes of applying straight or diluted to affected area of gums, he doesn’t seem bothered by the pain anymore (and I only have to do it once!)

LAVENDER essential oil

SKIN PROTECTANT
-This is my new substitute for Neosporin. Anytime, we get a bump, bruise, scrape, etc. we reach for the lavender. The healing time of his skin is greatly accelerated when applied immediately after injury. And it heals nicely with little scaring. *Goose eggs are GONE the next day* Works great for red ant bites too! No blistering or pus :)
-A strip of diluted lavender down the ridge of his nose will also relieve his stuffy/runny nose symptoms quickly.

PEPPERMINT essential oil 
            

FEVER REDUCER
-The few times my LO has had a low grade fever, and seemed uncomfortable I apply peppermint (diluted) to the bottom of his feet, around his abdomen, in his armpits, and across his forehead. I have even put a couple of drops on a cool wrag and applied it (for as long as he would let me ) to his forhead/neck. This works great. Gives him the comfort he needs and seems to reduce the fever Quickly!

*** I have also recently learned of the effectiveness of Lemon essential oil with fevers, haven’t tried it yet (because we haven’t had any…YAY) but plan to, especially if our infant ever has fever.

MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) essential oil

DIAPER RASH
-This is the most effective oil we have used for diaper rash and I works so well. One application does the trick! I apply it straight (neat) and then apply a non-petroleum based skin protectant over the top (I found this at Babies R Us).
-He also gets a mild eczema-type rash on his back during the winter and this did the trick for that as well. Others I know have had much success with lavender in the treatment of eczema!

R.C. essential oil blend
 

COUGH/CONGESTION
-This oil is the best to have around during that nasty cold/flu/sinus season. We (the adults) use it for congestion and sinus pressure. And for the LO I use it for cough and congestion applied (diluted) to his chest. Last time he woke up with a runny nose and looking a bit “under-the-weather” I gave him an Epsom salt bath (a couple of teaspoons of Epsom salts to his bath water) with a few drops of R.C. mixed in. When he got out of the bath, his nose drained a BUNCH of nasty looking stuff, we rubbed it on his chest, put him to bed and the next day he was all better! They say R.C. is the Vicks Vapor Rub of the essential oil world (without all the chemicals).

PEACE & CALMING essential oil blend

SLEEP
-This is one of my favorite oils for our Little guy… we don’t have to use it often, but anytime we are traveling, sleeping in a new place, or going through a transition or sickness this is the oil we turn to for some much needed rest. I apply a drop or two (diluted) with a drop or two of lavender to the bottom of his feet and wrists, and he sleeps like a baby. And when he sleeps, we can sleep and that is PRICELESS

These are some of the most common ways I use my oils on our son EVERYDAY!

We have a newborn on his way any day now and we plan to use them on him as well. (Of course overly diluted and with extreme caution on his sensitive skin) but we are prepared and ready with our calming oils (PEACE & CALMING) and our digestive oils (DIGIZE) and breastfeeding oils (FENNEL) to address any possible issues that may arise. It gives me great confidence to feel  equipped to help out my kiddos with any issues they may have in a completely NATURAL, harm free way! 

There is also a line of essential oil based products that Young Living offers that we have started to use with our little guy... particularly the natural toothpaste, body wash, and lotion.... Here is the link to the Kids product page for more info:


Check out my resources on the bottom right of this page for more information on Young Living essential oils and how to get started with yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment